Tips & Tricks
- Spam E-mail: How to Report
- 'Help' link in PeopleSoft-User Productivity Kit (UPK)
- Clear Cache in Outlook to View Forms
- Create a Note in Outlook
- Downloading Query Results to Excel
- Empty Temporary Internet Files Folder
If you receive a spam email and want to report it: In Outlook, go to Public Folders and click on the plus sign Go to All Public Folders and click on the plus sign You will see a folder called Spam Reports Click and drag your spam email into the Spam Reports folder and this will automatically notify the Helpdesk of the email.
Back to Top
The Non-PO Voucher tutorial that is available on the Training Site is now also available from the Help link inside the PeopleSoft Production database.
If you click the “Help” link in the upper right hand corner while in PeopleSoft….
you will be able to access the “UPK (User Productivity Kit – See it – Try it – Know it and Do it! “
- On the Tools menu, click Options .
- On the Other tab , click Advanced Options .
- In the Advanced Options window, click Custom Forms .
- In the Custom Forms window , click Manage Forms .
- In the Forms Manager window , click Clear Cache .
- Click Close .
- On the File menu, point to New , and then click Note .
- Type the text of the note.
- To close the note, click the note icon in the upper-left corner of the Note window, and then click Close.
Note : You can leave the note open while you work. When you change the note, the changes are saved automatically.
How to Access a Note once created
- In Outlook, click on the Go menu, point to Notes and click
- Double click on the Note you want to open it
If you want your download to EXCEL to open in EXCEL and not as an HTML on the WEB:
- Open Windows Explorer
- Select Tools, Folder Option, File Types
- Select XLS (Excel Worksheet)
- Click the Advanced button, and select or clear the 1 st & 3rd buttons at the bottom (the second isn't related to this & can be either way)
Back to Top
- Open up IE
- click on Tools
- click on Internet Options
- Click on Advanced
- Scroll down to the yellow padlock that has Security beside it
- About 5ish lines down is "Empty Temporary Internet Files Folder when Browser is closed"
- There needs to be a check mark in the box at the beginning of that line. If there is no check mark, click on the box at the beginning of the line,
- Click Apply
- Click OK and then totally close Internet Explorer and attempt your process again